Remember these few pointers for a successful Halloween:
- Costumes should be comfortable and loose enough to allow movement without getting tangled.
- Many candies are toxic for dogs and should be kept out of reach, especially chocolate.
- Electric cords and candles should be placed safely to avoid tripping on them and causing a fire.
- Keep your dog inside all evening. It's potentially hazardous outside, so just avoid it.
- Even a normally calm dog could get agitated or excited when the front door opens to strangers every few moments, so either keep him on a leash or in another room until the Trick-or-Treating is over.
- That said, don't just leave him alone in a back bedroom. He can hear the commotion out front and may go bananas by himself. It might work better to crate him where he can see you.
- If your dog is still a puppy, keep him with you, leashed, and include him in your activities so he can learn new things.
Enjoy your Halloween!